VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-21 15:59:05

FMoats

Accurate program run time from Vericut session

Hi all.

I am desiring to get an accurate run time of a part program's run time before it gets to the shop. Currently the operation runtime in NX is very close to the runtime that is saved in the log file in Vericut, both are woefully optimistic.

I understand the issue is inaccurate accounting for the machines rapid rate, accel/decel etc are most likely the short fall.

Question is, can these be included in a Vericut machine set up? And if so could you give me few pointers on where to find them.

I appreciate any help you can give and will share any accomplishments I attain with the group.

Regards, Franklin Moats

#2 2021-07-21 21:16:54

FMoats

Re: Accurate program run time from Vericut session

OK, I found this in a *.mch file,

RapidRate="600" Accel="20" Decel="20" MaxLinearVelocity="300" MaxCornerVelocity="25">

But where does it get set? Is it a generator of some sort, set from a file?....

Life would be easier if I had working doc's....

#3 2021-07-22 08:28:16

tstretton
Website

Re: Accurate program run time from Vericut session

In the Project Tree at the top you should see an icon of a Machine with a + on it, click that

You should now see all the axes and components of your machine.

If for example you click on X you should see the details of the X component, Rapid rate, Accel/Decel tab etc

This is where you set the values for that axis.

Dont forget to save the mch file

Tony

Board footer