VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-21 15:59:05

FMoats

Accurate program run time from Vericut session

Hi all.

I am desiring to get an accurate run time of a part program's run time before it gets to the shop. Currently the operation runtime in NX is very close to the runtime that is saved in the log file in Vericut, both are woefully optimistic.

I understand the issue is inaccurate accounting for the machines rapid rate, accel/decel etc are most likely the short fall.

Question is, can these be included in a Vericut machine set up? And if so could you give me few pointers on where to find them.

I appreciate any help you can give and will share any accomplishments I attain with the group.

Regards, Franklin Moats

#2 2021-07-21 21:16:54

FMoats

Re: Accurate program run time from Vericut session

OK, I found this in a *.mch file,

RapidRate="600" Accel="20" Decel="20" MaxLinearVelocity="300" MaxCornerVelocity="25">

But where does it get set? Is it a generator of some sort, set from a file?....

Life would be easier if I had working doc's....

#3 2021-07-22 08:28:16

Tony
Website

In the Project Tree at the top you should see an icon of a Machine with a + on it, click that

You should now see all the axes and components of your machine.

If for example you click on X you should see the details of the X component, Rapid rate, Accel/Decel tab etc

This is where you set the values for that axis.

Dont forget to save the mch file

Tony

#4 2022-01-27 18:04:01

vhubbard
Beta User
Website

Getting accurate times from Vericut takes a lot of work.  In the control definition you have to change the ACC/DEC settings for each mode, Rapid, Feed, and each rough/semi finish/Finish mode and for each High speed mode the machine supports. ACC/DEC can be a 10x difference between rapid and feed.  Most company's only quote their RAPID ACC/DEC.   Often you have to dig the values out of the control parameter settings.   

Then I would strongly suggest Vericut 9.2.   A new time calculation mode that we requested 15 years ago appears to have been implemented.    This should get you to within 10% or better if the various ACC/dec speeds are setup in the control.     Before it was 15% and with some high-speed, (lots of small moves) it was up to 50% off.

Future enhancement, have Vericut simulate "bell curve" ACC/DEC that most machines use, not just "linear" as Vericut currently supports.  Then we could get within 5% or better.

Then be able to track time when the tool runs 30 seconds, but the tool-select takes 45 seconds on the machine, the machine waits 15 seconds.    Fine tune all tool change times, pallet shuttles and similar"  How much wait time is there for an M0/stop code?

Accurate Offline time calculation is no small matter.   That is why most still use a stopwatch.  We have done the ACC/DEC changes and running 9.2 update.  We can use Vericut times for a good baseline.

Board footer