VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-30 10:47:02

Volkov
Website

On-line Help system (macros)

It would be better to make on-line help for macros more clear and systematized.
For example:
- to divide all macros into the groups like "Work Coordintes" (macros: WorcCoord, DynamicWorkOffsets, SetAdditionalWorkCoord,..,...), "Motion" (macros: MotionLinear, MotionRapid,...,...), "Cycles" , "Subroutines", "Compensations", ... etc.
- to add an attribute to each macro with information of belonging to the specified group
- to make possible to sort macros by specifed attribute and by name
- to add examples of G-codes for controls Fanuc, Heid, Siemens to each macro

Regards.
Igor
www.bee-pitron.com

#2 2005-01-05 14:57:22

vhubbard
Beta User
Website

Re: On-line Help system (macros)

%100 agree.   It would eliminate %50 of our calls in to support, if all new macros were documented with functional examples showing the use of all macro options.

#3 2005-01-05 16:10:14

Al_V

Yes, especially since some macros are intended to be called from "events," and others are called from Word/Address, etc.

Austin NC APT administrator.
Custom configure GPost for Pro/E,
and other ANC applications.

#4 2006-08-09 15:51:43

Smythe
Website

The biggest problem for machine developers like myself is to try to chase down which macro is applicable. To have them in groups would help immensely.
I would also like documentation on the syntax for using them in a subroutine. I read a post where someone wanted to be alerted to macro revisions as well.

Thanks..

#5 2006-08-09 17:36:37

SergeV
Website

If you scroll down to the bottom of the Macro page, you have 2 links:

See Macros Sorted by Function
and
See Macros Sorted by Status

I use the first one intensively.

We also made a conscious effort to give more details with the new macros we document. There is still a lot of work to do. We have a very good incentive, we also use these tools everyday.

Serge

#6 2016-11-17 18:52:30

BBrocato

This sounds like a crazy sequence to help you use a thread that already has gray hair, but I'll give it to you anyway:

step:
0. if Vericut help link always opens Livecycle Designer, do step 1.  If your help link opens in Acrobat or Reader, skip to step 2.
1. File>Preferences>PDF/HTML... in the Adobe field, browse to (just a guess) Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader...   AcroRdxx.exe
2. after opening help, do a full reader search (shiftCtrlF)
3. search on 'listed alphabetically', and look for the link under VERICUT Macros, choose the first link.

Board footer