VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2024-02-12 10:23:42

paehv
Website

V9.4.1 - Cannot delete Vcproject files

After the installation of version 9.4.1 I'm not able to delete any .vcproject files anymore.
When selecting in Windows Explorer and press/choose Delete, I get the following Error:

The action can't be completed because the file is open in Windows Explorer. Close he file and try again.

Found that this happens when the project file has a preview image shown in the question box: Are you sure you want to permanently delete this file?
When the question box has the Vericut icon as image, so there is no preview available, the file can be deleted.

Looks like the preview image shown in windows explorer blocks the file.
When opening the project file in notepad++, you won't be able to save it.

When Opening the file in windows notepad, select the quoted block in <Preview Image="SELECTthisBLOCKofLINES"/> and save the file, then the preview is gone and the file can be deleted.
CORRECTION: IT STILL CAN'T BE DELETED ???
When saving in notepad, I see the last save date/time change in windows explorer. When closing and reopen in notepad, the deleted block is back???

Am I the only one experiencing this?
Can the automatic storage of a preview image be prevented?

Last edited by paehv (2024-02-12 10:34:47)

Patrick Delisse
KMWE Aerospacehttps://www.kmwe.com
(Vericut V9.5, Siemens NX2206, Campost)

#2 2024-02-15 15:15:25

Tony
Website

Re: V9.4.1 - Cannot delete Vcproject files

I'll ask about this issue for you.

Tony

Board footer