VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-08-08 03:59:14

SairamP

CMM simulation in Vericut

Hi,

Is it possible to simulate CMM machine and CMM program using Vericut?

If so, Can any one please suggest the key inputs to simulate the CMM program in vericut?

The simulation in the current cmm software is not up to the mark. Before the vendor can update the software for better simulation in coming future, I am curious to simulate the program in Vericut to check for any collisions and simulate rotary table rotation?

Regards,

Sairam P

#2 2018-08-14 11:23:47

igor

Re: CMM simulation in Vericut

Hi Sairam,

I'm not sure, since I don't have any knoledge about the programation of CMM. However, if the program is alfa-numeric with some specifc syntax you can build a control to simulate the comands.

As I know, Vericut has a flexible structure to allow you simulate any type of control and it can simulate any type of probe - so if you build a new control specific for your CMM program syntax, it might work.

But simulate only the movements of a program that will be running few times and build a brand new control for that, worth? Until I know, CMM have low feed rates, and the collision that eventually happen are not so catastrophic and is also important you see the report of CMM to analyse the tolerances, nominals and even aligments are working correctly - this I don't think Vericut could do that.

Well, as I said, I don't know anything about CMM programm, this that I said is just some questions that I thought when I ask me if would be a good idea implement vericut in the CMM room.

Igor Freitas
CNC programming
GROB - Brazil

Board footer