VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-11 20:36:53

Verifun
Website

Batch mode (Directory processing) for Polyfix

I'd like to be able to process multiple stl/ply files within a folder at once. Is this possible already?

I'd like also to process these files and add a suffix to them to differentiate them from the originals. (See the idea in the picture below)

Polyfix

Plyfix is a great tool to reduce the size of models and fix them, but for big machines we have to do it model by model... it would be great to fix all files in a directory... the result would be better models that would help customers to improve VERICUT's performance with a simple effort.

Last edited by Verifun (2014-03-12 01:53:23)

Daniel Santos

#2 2014-03-13 14:22:07

Verifun
Website

Re: Batch mode (Directory processing) for Polyfix

I asked CGTech to file a SCR for this, but they offered me an internal solution the developed using batch files to do this. You can process several files at once, the way I wanted.

It comes also with a handy documentation (A PDF file), so I encourage you to e-mail CGTech and ask them to share this utility to do this for you in case you need.

The performance gains in VERICUT are expressive depending on the amount and quality of the models you use in your VMCs. The files sizes are also greatly reduced thus rendering more performance and smaller summary files for technical support.

It would not be bad if they start to ship VERICUT releases with this helpful solution.

Thanks again CGTech!

Daniel

Last edited by Verifun (2014-03-13 14:23:44)

Daniel Santos

Board footer