VERICUT Users' Forum

Due to relentless spammers, we are no longer automatically accepting new forum registrations. If you wish to register for this forum, please send an e-mail to: info@cgtech.com

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-11-27 21:24:34

wheels of steel

X-Caliper Volume/mass feature

Hi all

I am doing a lot of volume and mass calculation on finished product on how much material is removed from each side. it is proving to be accurate to within 0.5 - 1.0 KG on 300-700 KG items.

We are aiming to improve process when we can import data from our lazer scanner that measurers exactly how our wheels are forged ( just try and get two software packages to talk to each other ),The goal is to stream line the process and effectly measuring mass form black wheel (forging) to finish product.

At the moment, I am calculating by hand the mass, now I know I could export the report and import into a spread sheet, but I think it would stream line the process if we had a feature that did Volume/mass calculation, as the plan is for the future to be able to measure each batch of wheels, so if it was a feature within Vericut, it we help speed up the process.

[attachment=0:3a3ue2qu]<!-- ia0 -->mass calculate.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment:3a3ue2qu]

Peter

#2 2012-12-04 11:51:17

paehv
Website

Re: X-Caliper Volume/mass feature

What you would need is a Vericut Macro that can get the volume information of the stock-part.
With that you could create an "End of Processing" event that would report the removed volume to the logger screen. or even the calculated weight of the part.

The macro could be in the form:
GetStockVolume
override value 1 = remaining volume of stock part in current session units
override value 2 = removed volume of stock part in current session units

Patrick Delisse
KMWE Aerospacehttps://www.kmwe.com
(Vericut V9.4.1, Siemens NX2206, Campost)

Board footer